Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.23
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $66.30Trending at AU $74.69
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.23
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is the first to offer a global perspective on the unique contemporary media phemen of transnational television channels. It is also the first to compare their impact in different regions of the globe. Revealing great richness and diversity across some of the world's main geocultural regions, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, South Asia, Greater China and Latin America, international contributors examine the place of these channels in the process of globalisation, their impact on the nation-state and on regional culture and politics. The book also considers audiences and geocultural TV markets, providing new ways of thinking about the emerging transnational media order.
- Author BiographyJean K. Chalaby is Senior Lecturer in Sociology at City University, London. He also teaches at the University of Geneva. He is the author of The Invention of Journalism and The de Gaulle Presidency and the Media. He has published extensively on a wide range of media-related topics.
- Author(s)Jean K. Chalaby
- PublisherI.B.Tauris & Co Ltd.
- Date of Publication26/11/2004
- SubjectPopular Culture & Media: General Interest
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight336 g
- Width134 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine22 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.