All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- Description<i>Transparencies</i> brings together a group of international artists whose work explores glass as both medium and as subject matter. Each creates contemporary art that connects with the history of glass work, from luxury objects such as chandeliers and mirrors to household items like drinking vessels and light bulbs. Many forms of glass are represented, from delicate, hand-worked mirrors to industrial sheets of Plexiglas, as well as works that, despite appearances, are t made of glass at all. Combining sculpture, video and installation with traditional forms of artisan techniques such as stained glass and blown glass, <i>Transparencies</i> explores the role of glass in today's contemporary art world as well as our everyday lives.Participating artists include Jim Dingilian, Matt Eskuche, Monir Farmanfarmaian, Laura Fritz, Rachel Lee Hovnanian, Ran Hwang, Luke Jerram, Karen LaMonte, Judith Schaechter and Fred Wilson.
- PublisherDes Moines Art Centre,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/08/2013
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationIowa
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDes Moines Art Centre,U.S.
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight635 g
- Width210 mm
- Height310 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Introduction byMR Jeff Fleming
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.