Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $26.06Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $21.95Trending at AU $26.77
- AU $29.30Trending at AU $31.81
- AU $70.85Trending at AU $79.83
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.67
- AU $23.78Trending at AU $26.94
About this product
- DescriptionGlobalization of the ecomy, fragmentation of the production process, increasing externalization of TNCs activities through their global value chains and the widespread adoption of Just-in-Time have increased the flows of raw materials, intermediate goods and finished products, with a direct effect on the transport and logistics industry. This industry, indeed, plays a key role in connecting the different import and export markets and the vertically disaggregated components of production system, which are widespread in the world. The existing literature on transport and logistics is mainly focused on engineering research, transportation ecomics and management studies, disregarding the view of regional ecomics, which relates with the impact of ecomics on space, and therefore, on the impact of internationalisation on a specific industry - transport and logistics and its effects on space. The present book aims to fill the gap in the existing literature by presenting the state of the art of the impact of globalisation and internationalisation of the ecomy on this industry and focusing on the case of Italy.
- Author BiographyIlaria Mariotti , dastu -department of architecture and urban studies Via A. Bizzoni n.6, 20125 Milan (Italy) Mobile +39 338 7702232 e-mail: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org Fiscal code: MRTLRI73S54E463S PERSONAL INFORMATION * Date and place of birth: 14th November 1973, La Spezia, Italy * Marital status: Married, one child * Nationality: Italian ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS Since April 2008 Faculty of Architecture and Society, Department of Architecture and Planning, Polytechnic of Milan Assistant professor of Applied Economics 1st July 2006 - 31st March 2008 Faculty of Architecture and Society, Department of Architecture and Planning, Laboratory of Economics, Logistics and Territory (LabELT), Polytechnic of Milan Research contract, lecturer 1st July 2006 - 31st March 2008 Faculty of Engineering, Department of Management, Economics and Industrial Engineering, Polytechnic of Milan Research contract, lecturer October 2000- October 2004 Faculty of Spatial Sciences, Department of Economic Geography, University of Groningen, The Netherlands Ph.D in Spatial Sciences, supervisor Prof. P.H. Pellenbarg April 2000 - November 2003 Faculty of Economics, Department of Economics and Quantitative Methods, University of Genoa, Italy Ph.D in Transportation Economics, supervisor Prof. E. Musso September 1999-September 2000 Faculty of Economics, University of Reading, United Kingdom Master in Regional Science, supervisor Prof. P. McCann MAIN RESEARCH ACTIVITIES From 2004 to 2008 Collaboration to the research on The impact of manufacturing FDI on the labour demand in Italy . The research has been coordinated by prof.ssa Lucia Piscitello (Full Professor -Faculty of Engineering, Department of Management, Economics and Industrial Engineering, Polytechnic of Milan). Since 2005 Coordinator of the Logistics and Internationalisation Observatory (Log-INT), Department of Architecture and Planning, Laboratory of Economics, Logistics and Territory (LabELT), Polytechnic of Milan. Within the Observatory, the following main studies have been carried out: (i) analysis of the inward and outward foreign direct investments (FDI) in the logistics sector in Italy; (ii) analysis of the performance (by means of an econometric analysis- propensity score matching technique) of two samples of firms: uni-national logistics firms and multinationals (MNE), located in Italy; (iii) investigation of the location patterns of the logistics MNE; (iv) investigation of the integration strategies and motivations driving foreign logistics FDI in Italy. From 2007 to 2008 Collaboration to the research: Italian investments in the agglomeration of Timisoara in Romania: threat or opportunity for the economic development? , carried out with doc. Simona Montagnana, Universita dell'Insubria, Varese (Italy). Since 2009 Collaboration to the research on the Location decisions of research spin-off firms in Italy , carried out with doc. Elisa Salvador (post-doc researcher, ESCP Europe Business School, Paris, FR). Since 2010 Coordinator of the research on Assessing sustainable mobility: the case of European neighbourhoods , together with doc. Ila Maltese (DiAP - Politechnic of Milan). Collaboration to the research on the Effects of globalisation on the logistics growth in Europe , is carried out jointly with doc. A. Brouwer (Faculty of Spatial Sciences, University of Groningen, NL), and doc. Adelheid Holl (Senior Researcher, Institute of Public Goods and Policies - IPP, Madrid, ES).
- Author(s)Ilaria Mariotti
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication28/09/2014
- SubjectTransport Industries
- Series TitleSpringerBriefs in Applied Sciences and Technology
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note6 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight180 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine6 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.