All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $73.29
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.81
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.75
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.44
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.95
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.65
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.55
About this product
- DescriptionThe book focuses on four broad topics related to trapping of agriculturally important tephritid fruit flies, namely i) lures and traps, ii) invasion biology and detection of infestations, iii) attract and kill systems, and iv) trade regulations and risk assessment. This comprehensive structure progresses from the biological interaction between insect and lures/traps to the area-wide use of trapping systems to the utilization and impact of trapping data on international trade. The chapters include accounts of earlier research but are t simply compendia and instead evaluate past and current work as a tool for critical analysis and proposal of productive avenues for future work. At present there is book available that deals with fruit fly trapping in such a broad context. Our book fills this gap and serves as a global reference for both those interested in fruit flies specifically as well as anyone dealing with the threat of invasive agricultural insects in general.
- Date of Publication07/10/2014
- SubjectAgriculture & Farming
- Place of PublicationDordrecht
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Content Note25 black & white illustrations, 24 colour illustrations, 29 colour tables, biography
- Weight1242 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine35 mm
- Edited byEric B. Jang,Jesus Reyes-Flores,Nancy Epsky,Roger I. Vargas,Todd E. Shelly
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.