All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $23.73Trending at AU $24.65
- AU $125.98Trending at AU $129.66
- AU $168.00Trending at AU $182.52
- AU $64.99Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $25.64Trending at AU $28.83
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $12.74
- AU $69.99Trending at AU $90.43
About this product
- DescriptionTrash! is a unique combination of fiction and fact, developed from a series of workshops conducted with ragpicker children. Based on their real life experiences, it tells the story of the fictional hero Velu, a runaway village child who ends up a ragpicker in a big city, and must face the harsh realities of street life. The story is accompanied by facts and arguments which expand upon the complex issues which it raises, ranging from child labour and child rights to lifestyles, waste and recycling.
- Author BiographyOne of our most prolific children's book writers, Anushka Ravishankar has slowly but surely been securing her status as one of the best children's writers of her generation. Her expansive talent shines most brilliantly in her works of nonsense verse - jubilant and artful adaptations of this difficult genre to the cadences of Indian English. Said to be the pioneer of this form, she has earned national and international acclaim for her nine verse books released over the last decade. Rights to her books have been snapped up around the world and she has over 12 awards to her name. Her books owe their success not only to her fabulous verse, but to her willingness to collaborate and experiment with many different artists and designers - whether working with Swiss textile artists or veteran Indian illustrators, the best aspect of Anushka's work is the cohesion she creates between the text, typography and artwork of each scene. Orijit Sen studied graphic design at the National Institute of Design, Ahmedabad, India and has since worked on diverse graphic and textile design projects that have exhibited in Japan, Europe and India. Orijit is also a well known illustrator; his comic book River of Stories - based on the social and environmental issues in the Narmada Valley - won critical acclaim. Gita Wolf has written more than 14 books for children and adults. Considered one of the most original and creative voices in contemporary Indian publishing, she has pursued her interest in exploring and experimenting with the form of the book and its status as a revered cultural object. Several of her children's books have won major international awards.
- Author(s)Anushka Ravishankar,Gita Wolf
- PublisherTara Books
- Date of Publication31/07/2003
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationChennai
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintTara Publishing
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight268 g
- Width185 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Illustrator(s)Orijit Sen
- Interest AgeFrom 8 To 11
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.