All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionContemporary Directions in Trauma is a new text for courses on trauma and working with vulnerable populations. Trauma has evolved as a field over the past few decades. What began as focusing on childhood trauma, sexual abuse and PTSD, has w broadened much further to include other definitions such as terrorism, natural disasters, school shootings and more. This book unifies the various approaches for assessing trauma in one volume.
- Author BiographyShoshana Ringel, Ph.D., is an associate professor at the University of Maryland - Baltimore School of Social Work. She is co-author of two previous books, Attachment and Dynamic Practice (with J. Brandell), and Advanced Clinical Practice: Relational Principles and Techniques (with E. Goldstein and D. Miehls). She has also published numerous articles, and was certified on the Adult Attachment Interview (AAI) by Mary Main and Eric Hesse. Dr. Ringel maintains a private practice in Baltimore. Jerrold R. Brandell, Ph.D., BCD is Distinguished Professor and Coordinator, Doctoral Concentration in Clinical Scholarship, Wayne State University School of Social Work (Detroit), where he has taught since 1992. He has held visiting professorships at the Zurich Hochschule fur Angewandte Wissenschaften (Switzerland), Lund University (Sweden) and the University of Canterbury (New Zealand), and has led workshops and lectured widely on clinical topics in the United States and abroad. A practicing child, adolescent, and adult psychotherapist, and psychoanalyst, he is the author or editor of twelve books, including Countertransference in Psychotherapy with Children and Adolescents (1992). Psychodynamic Social Work (Columbia, 2004), and Essentials of Clinical Social Work (2014). He is the (Founding) Editor of Psychoanalytic Social Work, and also serves on several other editorial boards. Recognized as a distinguished practitioner by the National Academies of Practice, he maintains a part-time practice in psychoanalysis and psychotherapy in Ann Arbor, Michigan.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication19/05/2011
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight482 g
- Width177 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byDr. Jerrold R. Brandell,Dr. Shoshana S. Ringel
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.83
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $21.72
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $33.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.