All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis invative book for Neonatal Nurses and NICU clinicians provides evidence-based clinical guidelines proven to mitigate and reduce the often profound trauma experience and subsequent developmental challenges for vulnerable hospitalized infants and their families. Each in-depth guideline includes the latest scientific research explaining the clinical rationale for the recommended practices, associated short-term and long-term outcomes, and implementation strategies to support practice improvement. The text reflects a trend - the provision of trauma-informed care in the neonatal intensive care unit - that has recently gained increasing momentum. With endorsements by respected transdisciplinary neonatal clinicians, it provides guidelines that encompass the five core measures for age-appropriate care, including the Healing Environment, Pain and Stress, Protected Sleep, Activities for Daily Living, Age-Appropriate Infant Guided Feeding, and Family-Integrated Care. The book also features downloadable sample competencies and parent teaching guides, along with additional eLearning modules with Nursing CE. A self-assessment checklist and teaching sheets, sample competencies, and sample algorithms add to the book's utility. Key Features:Provides clinically relevant, evidence-based practice guidelines for minimising trauma in neonates.Encompasses the five core measures for age-appropriate care.Includes proven implementation strategies to facilitate practice transformation.Offers downloadable sample competencies and parent teaching guides and eLearning modules with Nursing CE.Reviewed and endorsed by transdisciplinary neonatal clinicians.
- Author BiographyMary Coughlin, MS, APRN, NNP, is Director of Professional Practice, Education, and Research, Steward Health Care System, Boston, MA, USA.
- Author(s)Mary E. Coughlin
- PublisherSpringer Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication30/08/2016
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer Publishing Co Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight590 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.83
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $21.72
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $33.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.