Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $73.29
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.81
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.75
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.44
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.95
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.65
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.55
About this product
- DescriptionThis groundbreaking collection is among the first in the field of art history to explore the relation between the traumatic and the visual field in the modern period. Ranging across media and spanning from the origins of modernity to the present, the essays gathered here pursue trauma as a structuring yet elusive subject of representation. Examining the most revelatory instances of encounter between event and image, between history and visual form, this collection offers an account of the centrality of trauma's visualization to an understanding of modernity.
- Author BiographyLISA SALTZMAN is Associate Professor of Art History at Bryn Mawr College and author of Anselm Kiefer and Art After Auschwitz. ERIC ROSENBERG is Associate Professor of Art History at Tufts University, and has lectured widely on trauma and photography.
- PublisherUniversity Press of New England
- Date of Publication01/01/2006
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationHanover
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDartmouth College Press
- Content Note20 illus.
- Weight445 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byEric Rosenberg,Lisa Saltzman
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.