All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.29
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.66
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $103.70
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.66
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.45
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.67
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $23.62
About this product
- DescriptionNine students from London's Antillean School receive travel scholarships to visit their island homelands in the Caribbean. Accompanied by their eccentric Latin professor, they set sail on what they expect to be a thrilling educational voyage. Little do they realize that, prior to their arrival on board, their ship had been hijacked by escaped convicts who murdered its original captain and crew. This is the only vel by the legendary Jules Verne that has never been available in English until w. Although ostensibly written for an adolescent audience, its suspense-filled plot, sophisticated narrative style, and critique of European colonialism make it an engrossing read for all ages.
- Author BiographyJULES VERNE (1828-1905) was the first author to popularize the literary genre that has become known as science fiction. TERI J. HERNANDEZ is a professor of French and Spanish, and specializes in Francophone literature--especially the works of African and Caribbean writers. ARTHUR B. EVANS is a professor of French at DePauw University, who has published numerous books and articles on Jules Verne and is the general editor of the Early Classics of Science Fiction book series. VOLKER DEHS is an internationally recognized specialist on Verne, and lives in Germany.
- Author(s)Jules Verne
- PublisherUniversity Press of New England
- Date of Publication12/06/2013
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationHanover
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWesleyan University Press
- Content Note75 illus.
- Weight757 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine32 mm
- Edited byArthur B. Evans
- Translated byTeri J. Hernandez
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.