All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.74Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionEvery indigeus society throughout the world has had its own version of the shaman - a man or woman, who can, at will, enter into altered states of consciousness in order to acquire kwledge and healing power. Today, people in the Western world are beginning to recognise that in our drive for material comfort we have lost our vital connection with the sacred dimensions of life and, as a result, our own authentic selves. Our culture is once again turning to the shaman to help guide us back into a state of divine reverence, for ourselves and the world around us. In Traveling Between The Worlds, Hillary Webb invites us to eavesdrop on her conversations with twenty-four of the most influential teachers and writers of shamanism today. The conversations cover a multitude of topics pertaining to the shaman's path. For anyone who has ever had the desire to look at the world through the eyes of the shaman, Traveling Between The Worlds is a treasure trove of insight and exploration into the teachings of this ancient path.
- Author BiographyWebb interviews twenty-four Shamans from various traditions including Tibetan, Native American, Peruvian, Judaic and more. Conversations with Shamans such as Brooke Medicine Eagle, Tenzin Wangyal and Alberto Villoldo provide unique insight on the role of Shamanism in modern times, Particularly as it relates to the degradation of the natural world, the coming cultural awakening and the commercialization of spirituality.
- Author(s)Hillary S. Webb
- PublisherHampton Roads Publishing Co
- Date of Publication30/09/2004
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Place of PublicationCharlottesville, VA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1900
- ImprintHampton Roads Publishing Co
- Content Note24 b&w photos
- Weight550 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.