Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.23
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $66.30Trending at AU $74.69
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.23
About this product
- DescriptionOur ability to travel to the remotest parts of the world has been transformed, but the health risks are ever changing and increasing, and there may be one to help when things go wrong. Whether you are travelling abroad for business or pleasure, this book provides essential, detailed, practical advice for journeys all over the world. This fifth edition is a complete revision of a best-selling, comprehensive and trusted guide. Travellers need to be increasingly well informed about health problems they may encounter abroad. Malaria prevention, the latest vaccine information and advice, cruise ship travel, jet lag, skiing, and accidents and injuries abroad: this book covers every important issue in travel medicine, with the emphasis firmly on self-help and prevention. This new edition brings together state-of-the-art background information and specialist advice from more than 70 leading experts from several countries, w in a more compact format. It is also available in an electronic edition. Travellers' Health is the standard source for the well-prepared traveller.
- Author BiographyDr Richard Dawood trained in medicine at University College London, has studied at the Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine & Hygiene, and practised in a variety of clinical settings at teaching hospitals in the UK and overseas before establishing the Fleet Street Clinic in 1995, which is one of the UK's leading independent centres for Travel Medicine. His specialist interests include pre-travel and post-travel care of high-risk travellers, and looking after news media professionals in war zones and hostile environments. He is a medical adviser to several international TV networks and news agencies. He has been involved in Travel Medicine for more than thirty years, has personal experience of travel in more than 100 countries around the world, and writes and broadcasts frequently on Travel Health issues.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication27/09/2012
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note68 illustrations
- Weight412 g
- Width102 mm
- Height181 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Edited byRichard Dawood
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.