All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
About this product
- DescriptionTravelling Texts: J.M. Coetzee and Other Writers is a collection of essays on mutual influences and inspirations between authors, with a special focus on J.M. Coetzee. Bringing together a group of international scholars, the book offers a wide range of perspectives on how canical and less canical texts travel between literatures and cultures. Chapter One is devoted to connections between Coetzee's writings and Polish literature and theatre. Chapter Two is concerned with Dostoevsky's presence in his fiction. The essays in Chapter Three identify and analyse connections and inspirations between Coetzee and other European writers, with a special focus on Central Europe as a distinct cultural entity. The collection's scope is extended by the essays in Chapter Four, which deal with several writers for whom Africa has been a source of inspiration.
- Author BiographyBozena Kucala is Assistant Professor at the Department of Comparative Studies in Literature and Culture at the Institute of English Studies of the Jagiellonian University in Krakow (Poland). She is the author of Intertextual Dialogue with the Victorian Past in the Contemporary Novel (2012) as well as numerous articles on contemporary British fiction. Robert Kusek is Assistant Professor at the Department of Comparative Studies in Literature and Culture at the Institute of English Studies of the Jagiellonian University in Krakow (Poland). His publications include a monograph as well as numerous book chapters and articles in academic journals.
- PublisherPeter Lang AG
- Date of Publication26/09/2014
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleText - Meaning - Context: Cracow Studies in English Language, Literature and Culture
- Series Part/Volume Number10
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published2014
- ImprintPeter Lang AG
- Weight510 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byBozena Kucala,Robert Kusek
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.