Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
About this product
- DescriptionDeep-sea fishing, trawling through a cyclone, man-handling some of the world most deadly sharks and a strange yellow van! 'Travelling, Trawling and The Utterly Appalling' is a first hand account of a travellers fast-paced and unpredictable lifestyle over three incredible, action-packed years. The author details the life threatening dangers he faced hanging from a tree-vine 150m above a rock face, single handed, in Thailand to the more humorous account of his adventures around Asia and Australia. The people the author meets on his travels are almost as obscure as some of the situations he finds himself in. From sharing a cabin with a self-confessed gang member to living with a 'cougar' from Australia , the heiress to a electronic company's fortune! The book reveals the true extent of the hard work on-board a Gulf of Carpentaria prawn trawler. Rewned as one of the hardest fishing seasons in the world, the author describes the physical and mental torment of 52 hour shifts, deadly sea snakes, sting rays and crazy crew members. In-between his long stints at sea incident and intrigue are still very much at large...The book shows the complete polarization of emotions in three years on the road and the water. The ecstasy and joy of travelling some of the world's most beautiful places contrasts starkly to the vigorous, relentless work at sea in minus 40 degree freezers and a plus 40 degree deck! All in all, this is a light hearted and inspiring story of the opportunities that arise while completely out the so-called comfort-zone.
- Author(s)Ant Anderson
- Date of Publication28/11/2011
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationBloomington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight495 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.