CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Travel Guides
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $26.99Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $12.95Trending at AU $15.36
- AU $21.88Trending at AU $28.30
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $12.84
- AU $7.31Trending at AU $12.20
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $22.51
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $14.44
About this product
- DescriptionYour life has been interrupted by having to work, but w that you are retired you can get on with what you really want to do. For many people that means travelling and seeing the world. This book tries to encourage older people to set out again as they might have done back in the sixties and get to as many places as possible. There are lots of ideas and plenty of helpful ideas covering every aspect of travelling. Ideally you will have that perfect combination of time and money, but you do t need to be rich, penniless students have always managed to travel and you were the generation that created many of those opportunities. It takes some courage to pack a rucksack and set off around the world, especially if you are used to many years of home comforts, but by doing so you will be able to get to all those difficult places, meet interesting people and encounter some unique travelling experiences. Years ago we used to go on holiday in order to do thing, and some still do, but real travellers want to be out there, doing interesting things, at least for most of the time. There are lots of different ways to travel and each chapter covers a different aspect from trains to planes and trekking to cruising. What about money, food, accommodation, insurance and health? What should you take and who will look after things back home? Not everything will go smoothly, unless you are very lucky. There will be problems and unless you are well informed and prepared, dangers also. This book tells it as it is and will make you aware of all the dangers you could encounter and how to deal with them. Reading this book will make you want to take some more adventurous vacations, to do something more exciting and unusual than all your other friends or even your children. Your friends may be shocked by your plans but you will come back with exciting travellers' tales to tell your grandchildren along with everyone else. The world is a large place and you want to see it all. You may think that you have a lot of time but at your age time is t on your side so the sooner you get started the better. Do it while you still can because you cant foresee what the future holds. At some stage illness, incapacity or something worse may prevent any more travelling. Life is t a practice for something else, there are second chances so get out there and do it. Remember, you are an explorer t a package tourist.
- Author BiographyIn his former life Timothy Blewitt used to be a teacher of art and ceramics. Since turning 60 and retiring he has travelled widely throughout the world with his wife, Jean. His intention is to go to as many places as possible and is willing to go anywhere. There is only one golden rule, not to go back to the same place twice, there are just too many places to visit. This is his first book and one he never intended writing. Travel emails to friends back home were well received and encouraged him write more. People say that everyone has a book inside them and this is his. He has written poetry before, largely describing humorous incidents that have happened in the classroom and given stand up public performances. He continues to seek out new travel experiences mainly during the English winters. He now lives in Sussex and is married with two daughters and four grandchildren.
- Author(s)MR Timothy Blewitt
- Date of Publication19/12/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight396 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.