CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $73.29
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.81
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.75
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.44
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.95
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.65
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.55
About this product
- DescriptionAn essential traveller's companion This is an unusual collection of travel pieces by writers ranging from M.J. Akbar and Aman Nath to Devdutt Pattanaik, Jerry Pinto, Rahul Pandita and Advaita Kala.Featured here are essays on the changing face of the popular hill resort-Nainital, living as a Pakistani in the remote city of Copenhagen, a woman traveller being strip-searched at an American airport and traversing the dark interiors of the haunted Bhangarh Fort in Rajasthan, among others. Focusing on the Indian experience, the book captures a country of shifting landscapes - physical, cultural, psychological. A departure from the traditional travel narrative, this is a unique collection for the travel-book buff.
- Author BiographyNamita Gokhale is the author of several works of fiction and non-fiction, including Paro: Dreams of Passion, Gods, Graves and Grandmother, A Himalayan Love Story and Priya: In Incredible Indyaa and the landmark anthology, In Search of Sita. Her much-acclaimed collection of short stories, The Habit of Love, was published in January 2012. Namita Gokhale is also co-director of the Jaipur Literature Festival and Mountain Echoes: The Bhutan Literary Festival.
- Author(s)Namita Gokhale
- PublisherHarperCollins India
- Date of Publication21/02/2014
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintHarperCollins India
- Content Noteblack & white photographs
- Weight407 g
- Width140 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.