Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $59.39Trending at AU $61.38
About this product
- DescriptionDo you ever think about selling the house, the cars, the furniture and sailing off to exotic places in a small boat? The sun is setting, a gentle breeze rustles the palm trees. But there's also that sinking feeling as you discover that your retirement nest egg is again worth less than it was last week and a paycheck is a thing of the past. That gentle breeze is supposed to turn into a gale tomorrow (but it will probably happen at midnight) and your boat would look out of place between those two umbrellas on the beach. Then your wife decides that she would much rather be planting wisteria than varnishing teak. So you take ather leap into the financial abyss and buy an old farm in France (the romance just continues!) and spend half time there and half time on the boat. Life is a small southern French agricultural village has a charm all its own, but you're clearly t in Kansas anymore. This book is a collection of amusing tales of contrasting cultures and lifestyles.
- Author BiographyFred Hoette is by education a mathematician, but worked in the field of Information Technology (then known as Data Processing), as a project manager the latter part of his career. He attempted an escape from civilization by boat in 2001 after retirement, but that lasted for only two years when his wife, Jane, decided that a potted basil plant just didn't fulfill her need for a garden. Now he and Jane live on their sailboat 'Escape Key' in the summer and at their farmhouse just north of the French Pyrenees in the winter. He writes stories of life in the slow lane.
- Author(s)Fred Hoette
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication20/06/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHumour: Collections & General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight517 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.