All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn 2001, actor Aidan Dooley wrote a play about a Kerryman called Tom Crean who stood shoulder to shoulder with Scott and Shackleton on three legendary trips to the unexplored Antarctic. Crean's phemenal feats of bravery in extreme conditions earned him a rare medal for valour, pinned on him by King George. But few people knew about this unsung hero.In this enthralling, funny and moving account, Aidan tells the story of his journey with Tom Crean; how the play was written, and how it grew from an unkwn show with an unkwn actor into an award-winning hit that has been performed from Dublin to Dubai, and from Broadway to the Antarctic ice. This is a tale of fortitude and courage - on stage and in the savage beauty at the bottom of the world.
- Author BiographyLike his muse, who ran away at 15 to join the Navy, Aidan Dooley didn't stick to the safe option. From the Claddagh in Galway, he left a secure bank job to follow his dream. He kept the faith through his early struggles as a jobbing actor until Tom Crean changed his life. He has since toured his hugely successful solo show all over the world. A co-director of Play on Words Theatre Company, he lectures in drama at Canterbury Christ Church University.
- Author(s)Aidan Dooley
- PublisherThe Collins Press
- Date of Publication23/09/2016
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationCork
- Country of PublicationIreland
- ImprintThe Collins Press
- Content NoteB&W photos
- Weight320 g
- Width128 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $30.86Trending at AU $34.85
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.52
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.