All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.83
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.92
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $46.99
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.40
About this product
- DescriptionTRAWLERMAN is the memoir of Jimmy Buchan - skipper of the Amity II, a fishing vessel based in Peterhead, Europe's largest fishing port. Jimmy's story is one of incredible highs and lows. It's a life that has been lived on the very crest of danger and despair, a career of thirty years that has seen other skippers fall by the wayside, undone by a declining industry, or worse, lost to the unforgiving North Sea. By turns gripping, comic and stalgic, this tale of Britain's most dangerous job, carried out by Britain's most famous skipper, is guaranteed to mesmerize.
- Author BiographyJimmy Buchan has been at sea for over 30 years, the most recent of which have seen him star as skipper of Amity II in the BBC1 series TRAWLERMEN.
- Author(s)Jimmy Buchan
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication02/06/2011
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content NoteSection: 8, colour photos
- Weight204 g
- Width133 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Most relevant reviews
- jblu501206 Jul, 2016by
Bought it for hubby who liked the tv series Trawlermen., He thoroughly enjoyed the book and being ex RN could appreciate the descriptive dialogue.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.