Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.29
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.66
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $103.70
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.66
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.45
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.67
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $23.62
About this product
- DescriptionAn intense, imaginative and darkly atmospheric historical spy thriller - Patrick O'Brian meets John le Carre. (Previously published as The Emperor's Gold.) July 1805: Napoleon's army masses across the Channel - Britain is within hours of invasion and defeat. Only one thing stands in the way - an obscure government bureau of murky origins and shadowy purpose: The Comptrollerate General for Scrutiny and Survey. And, rescued from a shipwreck, his past erased, Tom Roscarrock is their newest agent. In England, the man who recruited Roscarrock has disappeared, his agents are turning up dead, and reports of a secret French fleet are panicking the authorities. In France, a plan is underway to shatter the last of England's stability. Behind the clash of fleets and armies, there lies a secret world of intrigue, deception, treachery and violence - and Roscarrock is about to be thrown into it headfirst.
- Author BiographyRobert Wilton has held a variety of posts in the British Ministry of Defence, Foreign Office and Cabinet Office. He was advisor to the Prime Minister of Kosovo in the lead-up to the country's independence, and has now returned there as a senior international official. He divides his time between Kosovo and Cornwall.
- Author(s)Robert Wilton
- PublisherAtlantic Books
- Date of Publication01/02/2013
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleThe Archives of the Comptrollerate-general for Scrutiny and Survey
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight307 g
- Width129 mm
- Height199 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edition StatementMain
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.