All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.34
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.19
- AU $36.15Trending at AU $37.50
About this product
- DescriptionFeatures the handcrafted papercut illustrations.
- Author BiographyNikki McClure of Olympia, Washington is known for her intricate and beautiful paper cuts. Armed with an X-acto knife, she cuts out her images from a single sheet of paper and creates a bold language that translates the complex poetry of motherhood, nature, and activism into a simple and endearing picture. Nikki's images exude a positivity that revolves around community, sustenance, parenting, and appreciating both the urban and rural landscape, undoubtedly influenced by her home in the Northwest and specifically Olympia. As one of the more prominent visual artists involved with Olympia-based record labels K and Kill Rock Stars, as well as the Riot Grrrl movement in the early nineties, Nikki's work still embodies the fiercely independent fire that fueled the passion and creativity of that time period.
- Author(s)Nikki McClure
- PublisherChronicle Books
- Date of Publication15/04/2009
- SubjectUnclassifiable: WZ BIC
- Place of PublicationCalifornia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChronicle Books
- Content NoteFull Colour
- Weight346 g
- Width122 mm
- Height164 mm
- Spine45 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.