All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.61
About this product
- DescriptionWhat does it mean to say that God offers salvation to humanity? What is this salvation, and how can we become more conscious of it in our lives? These are the questions that Robert Krieg faces in Treasure in the Field. While his intent is certainly to impart information and ideas found in Scripture, church teaching, and theology, it is also to illumine our own experiences. Krieg retrieves the Bible's teaching on salvation and expresses it in contemporary terms. Drawing deeply from Scripture, he defines salvation as God's gift of personal identity, of wholeness. In this perspective, God calls us t to invent ourselves but to discover ourselves as God intends us to be. Those who gradually make this discovery become grateful recipients who give themselves and their talents for the well-being of other people and creation. Robert A. Krieg is professor of theology at the University of Notre Dame. He is the editor and translator of Roma Guardini: Spiritual Writings, as well as the author of Roma Guardini: A Precursor of Vatican II; Karl Adam: Catholicism in German Culture; and Story-Shaped Christology. His work has also appeared in America, Theological Studies, Worship, and many other journals.
- Author BiographyRobert A. Krieg received his doctorate from the University of Notre Dame in 1976 and has taught there since 1977. He is the author of several books, including Treasure in the Field: Salvation in the Bible and in Our Lives (Liturgical Press, 2013). Krieg has published articles in America, Comment, Commonweal, The Heythrop Journal, The Irish Theological Quarterly, The Journal of Religious Thought, Theologische Quartalschrift, Theological Studies, and Worship. He has known Cardinal Kasper since 1980.
- Author(s)Robert Anthony Krieg
- PublisherLiturgical Press
- Date of Publication01/02/2013
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Place of PublicationCollegeville, MN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLiturgical Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight245 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.