All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLocated in the heart of King's County, the Brooklyn Museum is an anchor of New York City and a world class institution. The museum's 560,000-square foot building is a Beaux Arts masterpiece, housing over one-and-a-half million works of art, from ancient Assyrian reliefs to striking period homes and Old Master paintings, as well as works by the top contemporary artists of today. This handsome little book illustrates a curated selection of these pieces, including highlights of the museum's rewned ancient Egyptian collection, its expansive holdings in American art, and its unrivaled selection of contemporary feminist art, including Judy Chicago's Dinner Party. The perfect souvenir from the museum's shop, or for any visitor to the borough, this Tiny Folio features spectacular photography throughout, as well as a special selection of images highlighting Brooklyn's rich artistic history. American Art * Arts of Africa * Arts of the Americas * Arts of the Islamic World * Arts of the Pacific Islands * Asian Art * Contemporary * Decorative * Egyptian, Classical, and Ancient Near Eastern * Elizabeth A. Sackler Center for Feminist * European * Photography
- Author BiographyKevin L. Staton is Curator Emeritus of the Brooklyn Museum. Anne Pasternak is the Shelby White and Leon Levy Director of the Brooklyn Museum
- PublisherAbbeville Press Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication11/05/2017
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Series TitleTiny Folio
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAbbeville Press Inc.,U.S.
- Weight318 g
- Width101 mm
- Height111 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byKevin L. Stayton
- Foreword byAnne Pasternak
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $37.71
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.40
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.22
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $39.61
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.70
- AU $25.62Trending at AU $32.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.