All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSpain's greatest museum, The Prado, in your pocket. When it opened on November 19, 1819, The Museo del Prado, in Madrid, consisted entirely of works from the Spanish royal collections. Numerous treasures have been added since opening day, but the unique strengths of the Prado's collection can still be traced to that original core of remarkable works--many acquired or commissioned from the artists themselves during the sixteenth, seventeenth, and eighteenth centuries. The Prado is internationally rewned for its unsurpassed collection of masterpieces by Diego Velazquez, Francisco de Goya, Hieronymus Bosch, El Greco, and Peter Paul Rubens. As this richly illustrated little volume makes clear, it also possesses a brilliant collection of paintings and drawings by other artists throughout Europe as well as fascinating decorative arts and table sculptures.
- Author BiographyFelipe Vicente Garin Llombart is former director of the Museo del Prado.
- Author(s)Felipe Vincente Garin-Llombart
- PublisherAbbeville Press Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication03/02/1994
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Series TitleTiny Folio
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAbbeville Press Inc.,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight299 g
- Width106 mm
- Height117 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
- AU $50.05Trending at AU $66.59
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.