All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.40
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.32
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.95
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $79.84
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.15
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.10
About this product
- DescriptionPassionate, professional, and unfailingly astute, Dr. Khantzian examines his patients' internal worlds, revealing vulnerabilities while uncovering resiliency and strength. This book, comprehensive in scope, abundant in clinical material, and written with clarity and intelligence, provides a depth of understanding of substance use disorders and an increased hope for recovery.
- Author BiographyEdward J. Khantzian is Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School, and a founding member of the Department of Psychiatry at The Cambridge Hospital. He has spent more than twenty years studying psychological factors associated with drug and alcohol abuse. Dr. Khantzian is a practicing psychiatrist and psychoanalyst, participant in numerous clinical research studies on substance abuse, and lecturer and writer on psychiatry, psychoanalysis, and substance abuse problems. A former Chairman of Massachusetts' Governor's Drug Rehabilitation Advisory Board and consultant to the National Institute on Drug Abuse, he is currently Associate Chief of Psychiatry, Tewksbury Hospital, Tewksbury, MA. He is a past director of The Cambridge Hospital Drug Treatment Programs and now holds the position of Principal Psychiatrist for Substance Abuse Disorders in The Cambridge Hospital Department of Psychiatry. He is a founding member of the American Academy of Addiction Psychiatry (AAAP) and is a Past-President of this national organization. Dr. Khantzian was a supervising physician for the National Football League Drug Control Program from its inception in 1986 until 1991, and currently serves as senior consultant to the NFL Players Association program for substance abuse.
- Author(s)Edward J. Khantizan
- PublisherJason Aronson Inc. Publishers
- Date of Publication01/05/2007
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Place of PublicationNorthvale NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJason Aronson Inc. Publishers
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1107 g
- Width155 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine39 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.