All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is a detailed guide for treatment of traumatized children and their families, taking an integrative approach and using a variety of treatment methods such as psycho-education, positive identity development, behavioral self control, safety intervention, cognitive treatments, and relational/attachment approaches. In addition, the book covers advocacy and system interventions as well as therapist and supervision self-care. Paying close attention to mindfulness techniques, play therapy and other expressive approaches, this book is unique in that it uses in-depth and evidence based approaches and it integrates individual, group, and family therapy.
- Author BiographyCheryl B. Lanktree, Ph.D. is Project Director of the USC Adolescent Trauma Training Center, National Child Traumatic Stress Network, a Research Assistant Professor of Psychiatry at the University of Southern California, and a licensed clinical psychologist in private practice. The developer of Integrative Treatment of Complex Trauma (ITCT), she has published various articles, chapters, treatment manuals, and books on treating complex trauma in children and adolescents. Her website is cblanktree.com. John N. Briere, PhD, is Associate Professor of Psychiatry and Psychology at the Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, where he consults and teaches in the ER, burn unit, and inpatient psychiatry, and Center Director of the USC Adolescent Trauma Training Center's National Child Traumatic Stress Network. A past president of the International Society for Traumatic Stress Studies, he is recipient of the Robert S. Laufer Memorial Award for Scientific Achievement from ISTSS, and the Award for Outstanding Contributions to the Science of Trauma Psychology from the American Psychological Association's Division 56, and has been designated Highly Cited Researcher (Behavioral Sciences) by the Institute for Scientific Information. He is author of a number of books, articles, and psychological tests in the areas of trauma and interpersonal violence, and has a long-standing interest in the clinical applications of meditation, mindfulness, and compassion. His website is johnbriere.com.
- Author(s)Cheryl B. Lanktree,John N. Briere
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication02/03/2016
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Weight386 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $49.05
- AU $74.38Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $22.12Trending at AU $22.83
- AU $35.52Trending at AU $38.73
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.87
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.49
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.