Treating Complex Traumatic Stress Disorders in Children and Adolescents: Scientific Foundations and Therapeutic Models by Guilford Publications (Paperback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $52.72Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by grey_elk_books_au_and_uk
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $40.00+ postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by thebooksaver
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
About this product
- DescriptionWith contributions from prominent experts, this pragmatic book takes a close look at the nature of complex psychological trauma in children and adolescents and the clinical challenges it presents. Each chapter shows how a complex trauma perspective can provide an invaluable unifying framework for case conceptualization, assessment, and intervention amidst the chaos and turmoil of these young patients' lives. A range of evidence-based and promising therapies are reviewed and illustrated with vivid case vignettes. The volume is grounded in clinical invations and cutting-edge research on child and adolescent brain development, attachment, and emotion regulation, and discusses diagstic criteria, including those from DSM-IV and DSM-5. See also Drs. Courtois and Ford's edited volume Treating Complex Traumatic Stress Disorders (Adults) and their authored volume, Treatment of Complex Trauma: A Sequenced, Relationship-Based Approach.
- Author BiographyJulian D. Ford, PhD, ABPP, a clinical psychologist, is Professor of Psychiatry, Psychology, and Law at the University of Connecticut, where he is also Director of the Center for Trauma Recovery and Juvenile Justice. He has served on the Steering Committee of the National Child Traumatic Stress Network, as Associate Editor of the Journal of Trauma and Dissociation and the European Journal of Psychotraumatology, as Co-Chair of the Presidential Task Force on Child Trauma for Division 56 (Trauma Psychology) of the American Psychological Association (APA), and as a board member and Vice President of the International Society for Traumatic Stress Studies (ISTSS). With Christine A. Courtois, Dr. Ford is a recipient of the Print Media Award from the International Society for the Study of Trauma and Dissociation (ISSTD) for their coedited volume on treating complex traumatic stress disorders in adults; he has also published several other books on trauma-related topics. Dr. Ford developed and conducts research on the Trauma Affect Regulation: Guide for Education and Therapy (TARGET) psychosocial intervention for adolescents, adults, and families. Christine A. Courtois, PhD, ABPP, a counseling psychologist in private practice in Washington, DC, is National Clinical Training Director of Elements Behavioral Health; cofounder and past Clinical and Training Director of The CENTER: Posttraumatic Disorders Program, in Washington, DC; chair of APA's Guideline Development Panel for Posttraumatic Stress Disorder; past president of APA Division 56; and past founding Associate Editor of the Division's journal, Psychological Trauma: Theory, Research, Practice, and Policy. She is a recipient of the Outstanding Contributions to Professional Practice Award from APA Division 56, the APA Award for Distinguished Professional Contributions to Applied Psychology as a Professional Practice, the Lifetime Achievement Award from ISSTD, and the Sarah Haley Award for Clinical Excellence from ISTSS, among other honors. She has published numerous books (four of them coedited or coauthored with Dr. Ford), book chapters, and articles on trauma-related topics.
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication12/11/2015
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Weight562 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byChristine A. Courtois,Julian D. Ford
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.26
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.07
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.46
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $56.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.