All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book considers personality disorders and how they are treated within the institutional context of prisons and hospitals and offers practical guidance on assessment, formulation and integrated treatment planning. Treating Personality Disorder offers contributions from professionals in psychiatry, nursing and psychology as well as prison officers and service managers and areas of discussion include: * delivering integrated treatment to people with personality disorders * issues and challenges for the clinical professional * the role of the psychiatrist in treating personality disorder Treating Personality Disorder will provide a timely and valuable guide for all professionals involved in the treatment and management of serious personality disorders within an institutional framework.
- Author BiographyNaomi Murphy is a consultant clinical and forensic psychologist with over 15 years experience of working with clients presenting with complex psychopathology. Naomi has been instrumental in developing services for people with personality disorder in the community, secure services and prisons. Naomi has a particular interest in the development of transdisiplinary teams. Des McVey is a consultant nurse and psychotherapist with over 25 years experience of working within and developing forensic services. He is a visiting lecturer at the University of York and regularly teaches on nursing and clinical psychology courses. Des has a particular interest in developing strategies that maintain treatment integrity.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication14/05/2010
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note3 black & white line drawings
- Weight612 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byDes McVey,Naomi Murphy
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.