All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
About this product
- DescriptionWhile recent years have seen a vast increase in the literature on adult trauma, interest in childhood trauma has only recently started to gain momentum, encouraging new research and evidence-based interventions. Here the editors have brought together an international list of contributors to look at both invative and established treatments of trauma in a range of contexts, and provide up-to-date coverage of what is on offer in prevention, assessment, treatment and research. Divided into three parts, main topics discussed are: * risk and protective factors for the development of post-traumatic disorders * conceptualizations of resilience and suggestions for making them operational * evidence-based treatment models for traumatized children Treating Traumatized Children provides professionals with an up-to-date international perspective on the subject, as well as helping professionals and researchers develop future treatments based on current evidence.
- Author BiographyDanny Brom is a Clinical Psychologist and founding Director of the Israel Center for the Treatment of Psychotrauma at Herzog Hospital in Jerusalem and lecturer at the School for Social Work at Hebrew University. His main interest and experience lies in the prevention, treatment, and research on the consequences of traumatic stress. Ruth Pat-Horenczyk is a Clinical Psychologist and Director of the child and adolescent clinical services at the Israel Center for the Treatment of Psychotrauma of Herzog Hospital in Jerusalem. She is also a lecturer at the School of Social Work at Hebrew University. Julian D. Ford is a Clinical Psychologist and Associate Professor in the Department of Psychiatry at the University of Connecticut School of Medicine and Health Center. He is also the founding Director of the Center for Trauma Response, Recovery and Preparedness.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication03/10/2008
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note9 black & white tables, 8 black & white line drawings
- Weight612 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byDanny Brom,Julian D. Ford,Ruth Pat-Horenczyk
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.