All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.61
About this product
- DescriptionThe architect Arthur Ashpitel (1807-69) worked on a wide variety of projects, including churches, houses and schools, and wrote widely on architecture, literature and politics. He became a fellow of the Institute of British Architects in 1841 and the Society of Antiquaries of London in 1847. This 1867 work comprises his compilation and revision of table tracts on architecture from the Encyclop'dia Britannica. It includes entries by William Hosking (1800-61) on classical, Gothic and modern architecture, building and construction; Thomas Tredgold (1788-1829) on joinery and stonemasonry; Thomas Young (1773-1829) on carpentry; and John Robison (1739-1805) on roofs, arches and the strength of materials. Intended to be of practical use to architects, craftsmen and 'the building trade', Ashpitel's synthesis remains a valuable resource for scholars interested in nineteenth-century thought on architectural history, practice and techlogy.
- PublisherCambridge Library Collection
- Date of Publication27/06/2013
- Series TitleCambridge Library Collection - Art and Architecture
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note405 b/w illus.
- Weight910 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byArthur Ashpitel
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.