Treatise on Seven Rays: v. 4: Esoteric Healing by Alice A. Bailey (Paperback, 1972)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $31.34Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $15.50+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by book_fountain
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- Description*The books of Alice A. Bailey, written in cooperation with a Tibetan teacher between 1919-1949, constitute a continuation of the Ageless Wisdom--a body of esoteric teaching handed down from ancient times in a form which is always suitable to each period. Intended to precede and condition the coming era, the Alice A. Bailey writings offer an unparalleled spiritual approach to such subjects as the teaching on Shamballa and the Path of spiritual evolution; the spiritual Hierarchy; the new discipleship and training in meditation as a form of service; the teaching on the seven rays and the new psychology of the soul; the teaching on esoteric astrology; and the new world religion, which emphasizes the common thread of truth linking all the major world faiths. *There are probably more individuals and groups of people in the world of every shade of belief and capacity, devoted to the idea of healing than to any other single human need. Yet healing is an exact, and an exacting, science; and in modern society physician or surgeon may practice the ancient profession of healing without the personal qualifications legally recognised by the State for the protection of the public.No doubt prayer and invocation can be effective under certain circumstances, particularly when the one who serves is pure and harmless in motive, and has eugh understanding to cooperate with the soul purposes of the individual, so permitting the healing energy of the soul to flow more freely and effectively through the personality, or to proceed with the process of withdrawal, if that is its immediate purpose. Esoteric healing, however, includes far more than this; its is a science based on a number of requirements, including kwledge of the constitution of man and the nature of the various bodies, both dense and subtle. To this practical kwledge, the science of occultism contributes vital information of the energy factors, the karmic and ray influences, the psychology and astrology of the soul, and the laws and rules fundamental to the safe and successful practice of esoteric healing. With all this to encompass in understanding and in application, little wonder that this science is as yet in its infancy, still in the experimental stages, and with other aspects of esotericism due for major development only as the soul in man takes a stronger hold of all personality affairs.In this book the seven ray techniques of healing are described; the laws and rules of healing are enumerated and discussed; the requirements for healing are given in detail; and basic causes of disease are shown. We learn, for example, that much disease can be karmic in origin; that certain diseases are inherent in the soil and in the substance of the planet; and that many others are psychological, arising in the emotional or mental bodies. Hence the need for a total and comprehensive understanding both of the patient and of the correct and safe methods of healing. We are also given a true understanding of death as the abstraction, or the withdrawal, of the soul from the body to continue life on its own plane without the limitation of the body, until a new cycle of incarnation and experience in form is necessary. In the effort to apply the teaching given in Esoteric Healing , those whose destiny lies in this area of human service will begin to unfold the spiritual faculty necessary for the healing of the whole man. And this will increasingly concern groups of workers using the magnetic and radiatory power of group energy and invocation.The right practice of esoteric healing conforms, therefore, to the new age development of group consciousness, and the establishment of right energy relationships which underlies all aspects of esoteric training in the world today. Not only the potential healer, but all occultists will learn much from a study of Esoteric Healing .
- Author Biography*Alice A. Bailey, (1880-1949) From her conservative British background, Alice Bailey's life led her in many directions, but always in one direction--towards the time when through drastic personal experience of many kinds she had acquired a synthesis of outlook and understanding, and an absolute conviction that one divine life pervades and animates the one humanity; that the Plan for humanity requires the cooperation and service of trained and dedicated human beings intelligently informed about world affairs, in collaboration with those who form the spiritual Hierarchy, the inner government of the planet. Her life work became an integral part of this synthesis and this realization. Without in the least losing any of her very human qualities and involvement, her soul took up its commitment to her Master, and her personality provided full cooperation in the field of her accepted service. Basically her work developed as a duality--her discipleship service which included the establishment of an esoteric school; and her initially reluctant agreement to work with the Tibetan, Djwhal Khul, in the writing of a series of books presenting the next phase in the continuity of the Ageless Wisdom teaching for the present and the immediate future. An extract from the Tibetan teacher, written in 1934 briefly explains the intent of these teachings: The books that I have written are sent out with no claim for their acceptance. They may, or may not, be correct, true and useful. It is for you to ascertain their truth by right practice and by the exercise of the intuition. Neither I nor A.A.B. is the least interested in having them acclaimed as inspired writing, or in having anyone speak of them (with bated breath) as being the work of one of the masters. If they present truth in such a way that it follows sequentially upon that already offered in the world teachings, if the information given raises the aspiration and the will-to-serve from the plane of the emotions to that of the mind (the plane whereon the Masters can be found) then they will have served their purpose. If the teaching conveyed calls forth a response from the illumined mind of the worker in the world, and brings a flashing forth of the intuition, then let that teaching be accepted. But not otherwise. If the statements meet with eventual corroboration, or are deemed true under the test of the Law of Correspondences, then that is well and good. But should this not be so, let not the student accept what is said.
- Author(s)Alice A. Bailey
- PublisherLucis Press Ltd
- Date of Publication30/04/1972
- SubjectAlternative Therapies & Health
- Series TitleA Treatise on the Seven Rays
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLucis Press Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Width120 mm
- Height180 mm
- Spine37 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $115.99Trending at AU $139.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.00
- AU $68.62Trending at AU $90.31
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $34.88
- AU $37.70Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $17.48Trending at AU $19.81
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.