CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $56.35Trending at AU $60.64
- AU $19.08Trending at AU $26.10
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.55Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.87Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $37.64Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $47.17Trending at AU $59.70
About this product
- DescriptionIn 15th century Florence, philosophers at the court of Lorenzo the Magnificent discussed philosophy, religion and science. They quoted the Greek philosopher Gemistos Plethon who prophesied that some day the whole world would receive one and the same creed with one spirit, one mind, one preaching - where the perfect truth would stream into every shore of this globe and prove the divinity of man's soul. The rewned Marsilio Fici beseeched man to give his whole strength to free holy religion from the detestable condition of contented igrance. His message passed away, unheeded, crushed and drowned by centuries of war and bloodshed. Five centuries have passed since Lorenzo's time. It is w the correct time for new ideas to heal the wound between Christianity and scientific thought, to enrich man's spiritual and intellectual life. In the 1800's the great French physiologist Claude Bernard was convinced that after extensive analyses of vital phemena, a synthesis must be performed to see the reunited action of the parts. Research director of a n-profit medical organization, Ms. Ho is the author of 16 books on the living body. The present volume is an expanded, updated and modernized version of her 10th book written between 1981 and 1989, without tes. A copy of the 10th book is deposited at the Library of Congress. A synthesis of the most important information from all disciplines of the living body, this book allows man to solve every living problem, waiving doubt, igrance, fear and despair,providing the power to conquer every vital function and control life and death, fulfilling the dream of the Renaissance. The synthetic axiom in Chapter 1 is the 15th version of a synthetic theme from the author's third book. For a lifetime of dedication to her work, Ms. Ho has received the following hors and awards: Royal Patronage for Life, awarded by Prince Kevin, Principality of Hutt River Province, Queensland, Australia. The 20th Century Award for Achievement. Horary appointment to the Research Board of Advisors, ABI. Life Member of Order of International Fellowship. Induction into 5th Edition of ABI's International Book of Hor, Hall of Fame. Certificate of Merit, Dictionary of International Biography, Dedication of Volume XXVI. The International Order of Merit.
- Author BiographyBorn in China, Ms. Ho spent the beginning years of her life in Shanghai where she attended the Lycee Francais. Subsequently she obtained a B.S. in Biology at Columbia University. While attending medical school at Lausanne University in Switzerland, Ms. Ho simultaneously studied piano and was inspired by many scientific ideas; they eventually led her to abandon medical school and devote herself to piano studies. Applying her scientific ideas to her newborn infants, from her first born to the last, Ms. Ho developed an infant feeding method and later obtained both U.S. and Canadian patents for her invention. Upon her return to the U.S. in 1963, Ms. Ho began research to prove her scientific ideas and wrote a series of 16 books of which 10 are published and available in print. It is her hope that this 17th book provides the great insight into the living body that Ms. Ho has tried to convey. A resident of New York City, Ms. Ho is an accomplished pianist and fluent in six languages.
- Author(s)Betty Yu-Lin Ho
- PublisherMelrose Books
- Date of Publication31/07/2013
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Place of PublicationEly
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMelrose Books
- Content Notephotographs
- Weight716 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.