All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.79Trending at AU $65.19
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $110.99Trending at AU $112.12
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
About this product
- DescriptionEating disorders (EDs) and disordered eating behaviours are considered a major disease of the modern world, being among the most prevailing public health problems in female adolescents and young adults in recent decades, and reaching in many Western countries an epidemic proportion. They occur primarily in adolescent girls and young women, during a crucial developmental stage, and are linked to extensive morbidity and high mortality rates. EDs are complex, conflictual, misunderstood disturbances that often raise negative emotions such as bewilderment, mistrust and fear t only among lay people but also in treatment providers. These reactions are likely the result of failing to grasp why someone would t comply with the basic universal need of eating or put such an emphasis on weight and appearance that renders them more important than anything else in life. This book offers an up-to-date summary with respect to the putative treatment options in EDs.
- Author(s)Daniel Stein
- PublisherNova Science Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication01/10/2013
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNova Science Publishers Inc
- Weight492 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.