Treatment and Rehabilitation of Severe Mental Illness: A Comprehensive Approach by William D. Spaulding, Mary E. Sullivan, Jeffrey S. Poland (Hardback, 2003)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $128.95+ AU $50.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $33.68+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $71.44
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.89
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.83
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.55
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.04
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.66
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.67
About this product
- DescriptionSynthesizing the growing body of biomedical and psychosocial research on the nature and treatment of severe mental illness, this volume presents an invative framework for planning and implementing effective rehabilitation services. An integrative model of case formulation is described that conceptualizes the individual's recovery on multiple levels: physiological, cognitive, interpersonal, behavioral, and environmental. The authors draw on outcome research and extensive clinical experience to identify interventions of kwn effectiveness, including psychopharmacology, functional assessment, behavioral analysis, and cognitive therapies. Outlining a comprehensive approach to assessment, treatment, and progress evaluation, the book also provides practical recommendations for program development and staff training.
- Author BiographyWilliam D. Spaulding, PhD, received his doctorate in clinical psychology at the University of Arizona in 1976. He completed a postdoctoral fellowship in mental health research and teaching at the University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry. Dr. Spaulding is currently Professor of Psychology in the Clinical Psychology Training Program, Department of Psychology, University of Nebraska/n-/Lincoln, and a Clinical Psychologist in the Community Transition Program, Lincoln Regional Center. Mary E. Sullivan, MSW, received her masters in social work from Syracuse University in 1978. She also received a certificate in health studies from the Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs, Syracuse University, in 1978. She is currently Program Director of the Community Transition Program, Lincoln Regional Center, and Adjunct Clinical Assistant Professor in the Department of Psychology, University of Nebraska/n-/Lincoln. Jeffrey S. Poland, PhD, received an MA in clinical psychology from Southern Connecticut State University in 1982 and a doctorate in the philosophy of science from Massachusetts Institute of Technology in 1983. He has held positions at Colgate University and the University of Nebraska/n-/Lincoln, and he currently teaches in the Department of History, Philosophy, and Social Science at the Rhode Island School of Design. Dr. Poland has published articles on such topics as the unity of science, psychiatric classification, and psychopathology.
- Author(s)Jeffrey S. Poland,Mary E. Sullivan,William D. Spaulding
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication27/03/2003
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Out-of-print date14/03/2017
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight662 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine27 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.