Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $86.60Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by books2anywhereuk
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $45.00Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by lotsmoreaus
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTreatment of Cerebral Palsy and Motor Delay is first and foremost a practical book, a distillation of Sophie Levitt's considerable experience in treating those affected by cerebral palsy. This fifth edition outlines therapeutic approaches and suggests treatment and management options, providing a wealth of practical information, supported by clear diagrams and photographs, on assessment, management and treatment. The book emphasises an eclectic, holistic approach, and integrates current ideas on motor control and motor learning in a further development of Levitt's Collaborative Learning Approach. This new edition provides greater commentary on evidence-based practice, as well as practical, updated information on the use of botulinum toxin, orthopaedic surgery and the therapist's role following these procedures. The book is aimed primarily at practitioners and students concerned with the developmental abilities and difficulties of children, particularly physiotherapists and occupational therapists working in paediatrics. Doctors and other healthcare professionals will also find useful insights in the book. Parents, families and also teachers of people with cerebral palsy can learn more about therapy by consulting the book together with their therapist. Written by an international authority in the field Extensively revised, updated and well referenced Emphasises an eclectic, functional and holistic approach Highly illustrated Promotes positive relationships between therapists, people with cerebral palsy and their families From the Foreword: I greatly welcome the fifth edition of this book which brings together the management of cerebral palsies into a comprehensive but readable form...This book is in my view an essential part of both a therapist's and doctor's basic understanding of the subject...This book remains essential for those managing children with disability. --Brian Neville, Professor of Childhood Epilepsy, Professor of Paediatric Neurology, University College London, Institute of Child Health/Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children NHS Trust.
- Author BiographySophie Levitt is a specialist physiotherapist and tutor in developmental paediatrics and neurology. Her career has encompassed high profile therapy posts in London. She currently lectures and consults to a variety of professionals involved in the field of cerebral palsy, both in the UK and overseas.
- Author(s)Sophie Levitt
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication12/02/2010
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight678 g
- Width193 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.