All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA sapling grows in the shelter of an older tree, where he is happy and safe. One day a violent storm destroys everything the sapling kws, and he suddenly finds himself unprotected and alone. But as the sapling grows, he gradually discovers that every end is a new beginning.
- Author BiographyIn another life Danny Parker worked as a nurse, an actor and an undertaker before settling into work as a drama teacher. He is currently the Director of Drama and Youth Theatre at Hale School, in Perth, WA. A chance meeting with fellow WA-based illustrator and author, Matt Ottley, lead to Danny's first picture book Tree in 2012. Their second collaboration, Parachute, was shortlisted for CBCA's 2014 Picture Book of the Year award. Proven as an immensely talented author, and with an imagination to rival any 5-year-old, Danny's next adventure sees him tackle the exciting world of junior fiction with the brand new early reader series Lola's Toy Box. Not one to be idle, Danny also collaborated with award-winning illustrator Freya Blackwood in 2015 to release a picture book called Perfect. Matt Ottley was born in the Highlands of Papua New Guinea, where he spent the first eleven and a half years of his life. His mother was a landscape artist, and as a child he and his brothers regularly travelled with her on painting excursions into the bush and around the villages of the Western Highlands. After almost failing high school in Sydney, he lived the itinerate life of a stockman for some years on cattle stations in Queensland, before returning to Sydney to study fine arts and music. He then lived in the UK for three years, working as an equestrian artist. He is now one of Australia's most popular children's author/illustrators, and has been published in several different languages around the world. He also works as a composer and as a flamenco guitarist. Over his career Matt has contributed artworks to many books, including 14 children's picture books, and produced many paintings intended for private home or art gallery walls. He divides his time between painting, writing and composing music as well conducting workshops. He is also involved in wildlife rescue. Matt lives in Perth, Western Australia and is a frequently in residence at the Fremantle Children's Literature Centre. Matt is colour-blind.
- Author(s)Danny Parker,Steve Parker
- PublisherHardie Grant Egmont
- Date of Publication27/03/2014
- SubjectPicture Books
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintLittle Hare
- Content NoteFull colour
- Weight222 g
- Width225 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Illustrator(s)Matt Ottley
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Interest AgeFrom 2
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $89.29Trending at AU $102.55
- AU $13.45Trending at AU $15.78
- AU $49.72Trending at AU $53.97
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $18.87
- AU $10.00Trending at AU $11.94
- AU $7.38Trending at AU $10.69
- AU $8.88Trending at AU $12.41
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.