CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $46.34Trending at AU $48.02
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.85
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.27
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.22
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is a compilation of one woman's thoughts on Life, Relationships, Family, Diversity, and God. Some are humorous and all will make you think. The author's philosophy emphasizes taking responsibility for the direction of our lives.
- Author BiographyI grew up in a small town in Northwestern Pennsylvania spending a lot of time around family and close friends until my parents divorced when I was about ten years old. My Mom moved us to Southern Maryland just outside Washington, D.C. where we lived with our Grandmother before moving into our own apartment. I went from an environment where crime and race issues were insignificant to an environment that was the complete opposite. I was beaten up within the first week of moving into our apartment because of the color of my skin and almost raped walking home from school in broad daylight. My siblings and I moved back with our Dad in Pennsylvania in high school because it was difficult for our Mom to support us on her own. Our experiences were already beginning to shape our lives. Our Dad had a drinking problem and I mention this because I became very in-tune with his mood shifts and with the moods of the people around me. After high school, I joined the Navy to get an education since college was not an option financially, and worked in nuclear propulsion while obtaining my Bachelor's in Sociology over the course of eight years. Following the Navy, I worked in commercial nuclear power and received my Master's in Business. My passion for learning and observing people led me to writing this book of thoughts. When I left the Navy after nine years, I had so much anger towards men because I had been sexually harassed on a number of occasions so I ended up looking for examples of men treating women badly just to reinforce that anger. Then one day I realized that each person is an individual and there are good men and bad men, good women and bad women, good people and bad people, period. I think you get the drift. From that day on my life became less stressful as I changed how I reacted to life experiences. However, I did pay attention to general perceptions that are applied and decided to write my observations and my philosophies. In addition to writing my thoughts, I have two fitness products manufactured and on the market.
- Author(s)Sandra J Bazinet
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication18/11/2008
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistory of Ideas & Popular Philosophy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight68 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.