All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.90
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.35
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21
- AU $36.15Trending at AU $37.52
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the first field guide dedicated to the diverse tree species of Panama and Costa Rica. Featuring close to 500 tropical tree species, Trees of Panama and Costa Rica includes superb color photos, abundant color distribution maps, and concise descriptions of key characteristics, making this guide readily accessible to botanists, biologists, and casual nature lovers alike. The invaluable introductory chapters discuss tree diversity in Central America and the basics of tree identification. Family and species accounts are treated alphabetically and describe family size, number of genera and species, floral characteristics, and relative abundance. Color distribution maps supplement the useful species descriptions, and facing-page photographic plates detail bark, leaf, flower, or fruit of the species featured. Helpful appendices contain a full glossary, a comprehensive guide to leaf forms, and a list of families t covered. * The only tree guide to cover both Panama and Costa Rica together * Covers almost 500 species *438 high-resolution color photos *480 color distribution maps and two general maps * Concise and jargon-free descriptions of key characteristics for every species * Full glossary and guide to leaf forms included
- Author BiographyRichard Condit is a staff scientist at the Smithsonian Tropical Research Institute in Panama. Rolando Perez is chief botanist and Nefertaris Daguerre is a forest specialist with the Center for Tropical Forest Science at the STRI.
- Author(s)Nefertaris Daguerre,Richard Condit,Rolando Perez
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication08/11/2010
- SubjectNatural History: Plants
- Series TitlePrinceton Field Guides
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note438 color illus. 5 line illus. 482 maps.
- Weight1085 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.