All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- DescriptionIn this thoroughly revised and updated new edition of Trekking Tibet travellers will learn the necessities of pre-trip planning and how to seek out the most rewarding treks in a region of the world few get to visit. This book features one of the most detailed histories of Tibetan culture and geography available for travellers. New features of the 3rd edition include an expanded section on East Tibet, with a new 15-day bicycle route around one of region's holiest mountains. Also included is a new trekking route over a glaciated 19,300-foot pass used by Heinrich Harrer, author of Seven Years in Tibet. Other new treks include a five-day tour in the popular Lhasa region of the pilgrimage circuit of Lhamo Latsho; a new trek route over a pass used by George Mallory in 1921 on his first reconnaissance of Everest; a two-day trek in the Shishapangma region; and, four new treks in the Mount Kailash region.
- Author BiographyGary McCue is a guide who regularly leads treks through the Himalaya and Tibet.
- Author(s)Gary McCue
- PublisherMountaineers Books
- Date of Publication15/10/2010
- SubjectWalking / Hiking & Activity Maps & Guides
- Place of PublicationSeattle
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMountaineers Books
- Content Notecolour photo page insert, 75 b&w photos, 18 maps
- Weight490 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edition Statement3rd edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.