All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA guide to hut-to-hut trekking in the Hohe Tauern in Austria's Eastern Alps through the provinces of Tirol, Salzburg and Karnten in the Gross Glockner, Reichen and Venediger mountain groups. The Hohe Tauern National Park is the largest in Europe and a World Conservation Area. It is centred on the Gross Glockner, at 3798m Austria's highest mountain, closely followed by its near neighbour and third highest mountain the Gross Venediger 3660m. Each mountain group covered here has distinctive qualities and is serviced by some of the best huts in the Alps. The four hut-to-hut tours described here, including the recently opened 8-10 day Glockner Round Tour that links seven huts together without having to cross glaciers, explore them fully, and a two-week traverse of the whole park is also outlined. En route there is ample opportunity to climb some of the peaks and ascents and excursions are described. This book will appeal to groups of mixed ability and those looking to visit the Alps for the first time without the demands of the higher mountains of the western Alps. With lots of practical advice, including on glacier travel, and a comprehensive hut directory.
- Author BiographyIn addition to his first loves - Austria and the Alps - Allan Hartley has climbed across the globe from East Africa to the Falkland Islands, in Nepal and Pakistan, the Zagros mountains of Iran and the Hajr Mountains of the Arabian Peninsula. He is a member of the Austrian Alpine Club and an Associate of the Royal Photographic Society. This is his third Alpine guide for Cicerone.
- Author(s)Allan Hartley
- PublisherCicerone Press
- Date of Publication20/01/2010
- SubjectWalking / Hiking & Activity Maps & Guides
- Place of PublicationCumbria
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCicerone Press
- Content Noteover 100 colour photos and 30 colour maps
- Weight340 g
- Width116 mm
- Height172 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsVinyl-covered
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.21
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.39
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.