All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTravelling Wild: Trekking the Sahara Desert follows a traveller on a fictitious journey by foot, camel and 4x4 across the world's largest dry desert. It uses the information you would consider when planning a trip, such as the weather, climate, dangers and key sights, to present geographical information in a highly accessible and enjoyable way. Discover which countries the Sahara sprawls across, the different types of desert mammal to watch out for, some incredible cities, the environmental issues facing the Sahara, how people live in the desert, and much, much more. There is a survival aspect to the book, too, with boxes containing tips on how to treat a scorpion sting or a snake bite, make a camp in sand dunes and collect water to drink, among other things. Packed to the brim with colourful, exciting photographs, maps and fascinating facts, the book allows you to explore and discover the incredible Sahara Desert without leaving your seat!
- Author BiographySonya Newland is an experienced author of children's books. She specialises in geography.
- Author(s)Sonya Newland
- PublisherHachette Children's Group
- Date of Publication09/06/2016
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Series TitleTravelling Wild
- Series Part/Volume Number13
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content NoteFull-colour photography
- Weight298 g
- Width199 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 2
- Interest AgeFrom 9
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $89.29Trending at AU $102.14
- AU $13.45Trending at AU $15.72
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $10.00Trending at AU $11.89
- AU $7.38Trending at AU $10.64
- AU $8.88Trending at AU $12.36
- AU $12.80Trending at AU $17.42
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.