Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.56
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.45
About this product
- DescriptionLondon, the 1860s. Rose Trelawny is the brightest young star at the Sadler's Wells Theatre. But she's prepared to give it all up for the love of her ble stage door suitor, Arthur Gower. Meanwhile, her colleague at the 'Wells', Tom Wrench, is writing a new kind of play for Rose to star in. And her friend, Imogen Parrott, hopes to take a theatre in which to produce it. Rose will be forced to choose between her two great loves. Set amongst theatrical folk and the n-theatricals they seek to please and provoke, Trelawny of the 'Wells', by Arthur Wing Pinero, premiered at the Royal Court Theatre, London, in January 1898. This version, with revisions and additions by Patrick Marber, premiered at the Donmar Warehouse, London, in February 2013.
- Author BiographyPatrick Marber was born in 1964. He began his career as a stand-up comedian and writer in 1986. He co-wrote and appeared in a number of radio and television programmes including The Day Today and Knowing Me, Knowing You. In 1995 his first play, Dealer's Choice, premiered at the National Theatre in a production he also directed. Since then he has written plays and screenplays including After Miss Julie, Closer, Howard Katz, Don Juan in Soho, Notes on a Scandal and Love You More. He lives in London with his wife and their three children.
- Author(s)Sir Arthur Wing Pinero
- PublisherFaber & Faber
- Date of Publication21/02/2013
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFaber & Faber
- Weight177 g
- Width126 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementMain
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.