All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.46
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $57.00
About this product
- DescriptionThis book aims to give a general overview of the current theoretical and applied models which are being developed in the field of Cognitive Linguistics. With this purpose in mind, a number of papers have been selected from some of the most representative areas in the cognitive linguistics arena: mental imagery, metaphor and metonymy, cognitive grammar and construction grammar, the pragmatic and discourse background of language use and linguistic relativism. Some of the contributions presented herein propose new ways to refine existing theoretical frameworks: others apply some of those existing theoretical proposals to specific areas; and a final group aims to provide empirical grounding to some of the theoretical assumptions found in Cognitive Linguistics.
- Author BiographyThe Editors: Javier Valenzuela is a Professor at the University of Murcia. His research concerns psycholinguistic validations of cognitive linguistic theories. Ana Rojo is a Professor at the University of Murcia. Her research involves translation, contrastive studies and psycholinguistic validations of cognitive linguistic issues. Cristina Soriano is a full-time researcher at the Swiss Center of Affective Sciences in Geneva. Her research involves the study of the relations between metaphor and emotion.
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication01/06/2009
- Languageeng, spa
- SubjectEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Series TitleDuisburger Arbeiten zur Sprach und Kulturwissenschaft Duisburg Papers on Research in Language and Culture
- Series Part/Volume Number76
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Content Notefig., tables and graphs
- Weight400 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine0 mm
- Edited byAna Rojo,Cristina Soriana,Javier Valenzuela
- Edition Statement1st New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.