Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionThe Eight International Congress on Photobiology and the CoZZoque InternationaZ du Centre NationaZ de Za Recherche Scientifi que (C.N.R.S.) entitled Effets bioZogiques et bioconversion du rayonnement soLaire have been held in Strasbourg (France) on July 20-25, 1980. TRENDS IN PHOTOBIOLOGY is a collection of the lectures which were presented during these. two scientific manifesta tions. This book also contains a summary of several round table discussions, together with summing-up reports by experts in the field. Photobiology is a very active, multidisciplinary field of re search which plays a growing role in modern science. More attention is being given to the beneficial as well as the detrimental effects of sunlight on living organisms, and especially on mankind. Light is a natural and essential cofactor of a large number of biological processes. Vision, photosynthesis, photomorphogenesis, photoregulation ... are among the most documented areas of research. On one hand, new techlogies are developed which are aimed at understanding the succession of events which take place on a shorter and shorter time scale (down to picoseconds). On the other hand, the relationships between photochemical events and physiological res ponses are attracting more and more interest.
- Date of Publication13/02/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, bibliography
- Weight1075 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine35 mm
- Edited byClaude Helene
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.