All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA fascinating collection of ten high-profile cases illustrating the controversial, often contentious-yet essential-role of forensic psychology in the American justice system Written by psychologist and lawyer Charles Patrick Ewing, one of the country's leading experts on forensic psychology, Trials of a Forensic Psychologist: A Casebook is a scholarly, thought-provoking collection of cases from the author's three decades of professional experience. Bringing to life the psychological and legal details of each case as well as the personal stories involved, this volume insightfully covers those issues facing forensic psychologists, including: Ability to Waive Miranda Rights Coerced Confessions The Insanity Defense Malingering Battered Woman Syndrome Evaluating Allegations of Child Sexual Abuse The Implications of Extreme Emotional Disturbance Informative, compelling, and educational, each of the ten cases presented in Trials of a Forensic Psychologist: A Casebook offers a rare glimpse at the work of forensic psychologists, how forensic psychologists are examined in court, the ways in which their expertise is used by the legal system, and the contributions they make to the system's ultimate goal of doing justice.
- Author BiographyCHARLES PATRICK EWING, PHD, JD, is an experienced lawyer, forensic psychologist, and law professor at University at Buffalo Law School where he is a SUNY Distinguished Service Professor. He maintains an active forensic psychology consulting practice and is the author of several books including Fatal Families, Kids Who Kill, and Minds on Trial . He is the editor of Behavioral Sciences and the Law and the recipient of both the Distinguished Contributions to Forensic Psychology Award and the New York State Bar Association's award for outstanding contribution in the field of criminal law education.
- Author(s)Charles Patrick Ewing
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication10/10/2008
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Weight384 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.85Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.43Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.