All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSerious triathletes may be the most tech-savvy of all athletes. You have the latest devices and kw that data to improve your performance are at hand, but putting it all together can be a daunting, confusing task. Triathlete, coach, researcher, and author Jim Vance maintains that, despite access to the relevant information, most triathletes start a race undertrained or overtrained. That's why he's developed Triathlon 2.0: Data-Driven Performance Training, the first program to take advantage of the latest science and techlogy. Triathlon 2.0 examines the sport's most popular devices, including cycling power meters, GPS trackers, and heart rate monitors. Capture the most accurate readings, learn what they mean, and, just as important, what they don't. Then, put the numbers to work for you, translating your data into a comprehensive program based on your performance needs and triathlon goals. With Triathlon 2.0, you will learn these skills: - Establish and identify optimal aerobic fitness base. - Determine the exact number of intervals for the most effective training and quickest recovery. - Identify performance markers to track training results. - Develop a tapering plan for peak performance. - Monitor pace and progress in real time. If you're serious about maximizing performance, then turn to the only program built around your personal performance data. With Triathlon 2.0, the power and plan are in your hands.
- Author BiographyJim Vance is a former elite triathlete and currently an international triathlon, running, and cycling elite coach with TrainingBible Coaching. After a college career as a cross country and track athlete at the University of Nebraska, where he earned his degree in physical and health education, Vance turned to triathlon and trained at the Olympic Training Center. Later he moved to Ironman racing where he had many top finishes, including a third-place finish at Ironman Florida with a personal best time of 8:37:09. Vance is the founder and head coach of the nonprofit organization Formula Endurance, the nation's first USA Swimming and USA Triathlon high-performance team that develops elite youth and junior triathletes for Olympic-style racing, based in San Diego, California. Formula Endurance is annually named one of the top development programs in the United States. With Joe Friel, Vance coedited and contributed to Triathlon Science (Human Kinetics, 2013), a book that focuses on science and research in the sport.
- PublisherHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Date of Publication10/04/2016
- SubjectAthletics & Gymnastics
- Place of PublicationChampaign, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHuman Kinetics
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white halftones
- Weight499 g
- Width175 mm
- Height251 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byJim Vance
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $30.21Trending at AU $34.60
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.42
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.