Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $34.26Trending at AU $43.84
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $74.40
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.43
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $83.68
- AU $13.32Trending at AU $15.85
- AU $17.70Trending at AU $19.69
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.32
About this product
- DescriptionGritty, but witty, description of life and death on the front line in Afghanistan, by the bestselling author of BULLET MAGNET. Now Zad, Afghanistan: a small unit of British soldiers are beseiged on a hilltop, surrounded by Taliban. There is way out but through ambush country, on roads full of IEDs. In any case, the British have intention of running: they have promised the local population that they are here to stay. But every day the attacks on their position become more daring, the shells more accurate. It is only a matter of time before someone gets hurt...This is the gritty but life-affirming story of how Britain's most highly decorated frontline soldier led his men through two tours in Afghanistan. Through rocket strikes and IED attacks, drugs busts, ambushes and full scale battles, Mick Flynn's first priority has always been to get his men out alive. But it is an ambition he can't promise to live up to...
- Author BiographySquadron Corporal Major Mick Flynn CGC MC is currently the most highly decorated serving soldier in the British Army. He has seen active service in Northern Ireland, The Falklands, Iraq, Bosnia and Afghanistan. He is currently based in Windsor with his wife and children.
- Author(s)Mick Flynn
- PublisherOrion Publishing Co
- Date of Publication24/05/2012
- SubjectTrue Military / Combat Stories
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPhoenix (an Imprint of The Orion Publishing Group Ltd )
- Content Notecol. Illustrations, maps, col. ports.
- Weight288 g
- Width131 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.