Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $89.88Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionTrillions for Military Techlogy explains why the weapons purchased by the U.S. Department of Defense cost so much, why it takes decades to get them into production even as invation in the civilian ecomy becomes ever more frenetic, and why some of those weapons don't work very well despite expenditures of many billions of dollars. It also explains what do about these problems. The author argues that the internal politics of the armed services make weapons acquisition almost unmanageable. Solutions require empowering civilian officials and reforms that will bring choice of weapons into the sunshine of public debate.
- Author BiographyJohn Alic writes and consults on policy issues related to technology and science, teaching most recently as an adjunct at the Johns Hopkins School of Advanced International Studies.
- Author(s)J. Alic
- PublisherPalgrave USA
- Date of Publication03/07/2008
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationGordonsville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight480 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.