All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $71.47
- AU $84.17Trending at AU $91.13
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.49
- AU $11.54Trending at AU $16.38
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $15.13
- AU $19.46Trending at AU $20.37
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.67
About this product
- DescriptionDrawing on history and family legend, Anthony Di Renzo presents a tale of progress and reaction, irony and paradox, in which the splendours of Caserta must yield to the wonders of the Crystal Palace. Both intimate and sweeping, Trinacria questions the price of pride and the cost of prosperity and contrasts illusions of grandeur and dreams of happiness with the pitiless truth that kills all hope and desire. As readers will learn, this is the fatal spell of Sicily -- an island of loss and change -- where death alone is eternal.
- Author BiographyAnthony Di Renzo, a fugitive from advertising, teaches writing at Ithaca College and has published in such journals as Alimentum, Il Caffe, Essays & Fictions, Feile-Festa, The Normal School, River Styx, and Voices in Italian Americana. His latest book, Bitter Greens: Essays on Food, Politics, and Ethnicity from the Imperial Kitchen (State University of New York Press, 2010) received strong reviews. Descended from Spanish nobility who settled in Bagheria in the early 18th century, he lives near the West End, Ithaca, New Yorks former Italian neighborhood, an Old World man in a New Age town. Trinacria is his first published novel.
- Author(s)Anthony Di Renzo
- PublisherGuernica Editions,Canada
- Date of Publication01/09/2013
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintGuernica Editions,Canada
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight216 g
- Width110 mm
- Height185 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.