Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionMaarten Wisse develops a critique of dominant trends in contemporary theology through a re-reading of Augustine's De Trinitate. Theological topics covered include the thinking about the relationship of between God and World as participation of the finite in the infinite, Christology as a manifestation of this ontology of participation, Trinity as a model for our relational mode of being and deification (theosis) as the purpose of salvation. Key figures are brought in conversation with an Augustinian alternative to these trends, such as Wolfhart Pannenberg, Joseph Ratzinger, Denys Turner, John Milbank, Catherine Pickstock and Graham Ward.
- Author BiographyDr. P. M. Wisse is Assistant Professor of Systematic Theology at VU University, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, and a Research Fellow at KU Leuven, Belgium.
- Author(s)P. M. Wisse
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication11/08/2011
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Series TitleT&T Clark Studies in Systematic Theology
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintT.& T.Clark Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight669 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.