All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNorthumberland: the winter of 1937. In a remote moorland cottage, Steven Coulter, a young history teacher, is filled with sadness and longing at the death of his wife. Through a charismatic colleague, Frank Embleton, and Frank's sister, Diana, he is drawn into the beguiling world of a group of musicians, and falls gradually under their spell. But as war approaches a decision is made which calls all their lives quite shockingly into question. Moving between the beauty and isolation of the moors, a hill-town school and a graceful old country house, Trio delicately explores conscience and idealism, romantic love and most painful desire. Throughout it all, the power of music to disturb, uplift and affirm is unforgettably evoked.
- Author BiographySue Gee is an acclaimed and established novelist. Reading in Bed, (2007) was a Daily Mail Book Club selection; The Mysteries of Glass (2005) was long listed for the Orange Prize for Fiction. She ran the MA Creative Writing Programme at Middlesex University from 2000-2008 and currently teaches at the Faber Academy. Sue Gee has also published many short stories, some of which, like her play, Ancient & Modern (2004) have been broadcast on BBC Radio 4. She lives in London and Herefordshire.
- Author(s)Sue Gee
- PublisherSalt Publishing
- Date of Publication15/04/2016
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSalt Publishing
- Weight243 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $32.13
- AU $74.97Trending at AU $77.01
- AU $12.53Trending at AU $13.05
- AU $46.02Trending at AU $53.13
- AU $17.59Trending at AU $18.15
- AU $28.95Trending at AU $31.76
- AU $12.13Trending at AU $14.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.